Production Supervisor Night Shift
Monday - Thursday 8:00 P.M. - 6:00 A.M. some Friday night work.
General Position Summary:
Position is responsible for the day to day activities in production and supervision of the team members involved in manufacturing product efficiently and of the highest quality.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead production team members in their daily activities.
- Communicate with all departments, logistics, engineering, and production management (to include management on other shifts), needs, priorities, and issues.
- Promote flow and pull of products and information to internal and ultimately external customers.
- Lead regular communications with team pertaining to company and department performance, with the goals of improvement and reducing waste and non-value added activity.
- Must understand department metrics and drive department metrics to be meet or achieve higher department goals. Must have the ability to
- Must have the ability to use the metrics in decision making processes, along with creating and implementing plans of action around underperforming metrics.
- Daily scheduling and organizing work departments.
- Investigate and fix problems on the production floor.
- Train, review, counsel, and discipline team members as necessary.
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members by investigating root cause for scrap and RMA issues. Work with team and quality department to prevent recurrence.
- Implement 5S tools and reduce variation in the work environment.
- Develop employees’ continuous improvement abilities.
- Use and develop visual systems so that no problems are hidden.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge related to the field of manufacturing.
- Communicate in a clear, approachable, professional and pro-active manner, Provide strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective
- Be creative, flexible and able to drive/guide change
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Capability to develop and coach individuals to higher performance
- Provide strong operations thinking that moves the vision to successful implementation.
- Leadership qualities – patience, kindness, humility, respectful, selfless, forgiving, honest and committed to the growth of the individual and organization.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 4 years’ experience in a production leadership role.
AIM Aerospace, Inc. is a Drug Free workplace.
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.