Graham Construction is one of the leading Construction Managers and General Contractors in the Midwest. The skills that have made us one of the top healthcare contractors in the Midwest, have also benefited customers in other industries with complex projects such as labs, demanding renovations requiring continuous operations, and projects with aggressive schedules. We are committed to "Building what's important", our relationships with our customers, architects, and trade partners. We believe that trust, honesty and open communication are critical foundations for building long-term relationships. This philosophy has led to a long list of repeat customers, some that we are proud to have been associated with since our inception in 1981.
What do we offer?
- Full time salaried position
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance available
- Vacation and personal days
Project Manager 1
The purpose of this job is to assist the Project Team in the management of resources involved/related to projects and ensure quality work is performed in a timely and cost effective manner.
The purpose of this job is to manage the staff and resources involved/related to projects to ensure quality work is performed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provides necessary accounting and work related documentation. Ensures labor, material and subcontractor costs are appropriately charged.
- Administers duties associated with assigned projects. Includes reviewing and maintaining project plans/files; project change orders, purchase orders, and contingency budgets; maintaining subcontractor relationships; supervise working relationships; maintain and track work schedules.
- Develops budgets, estimates, and writes proposals.
- Manages the project Team throughout the entire bidding and procurement process. Oversees all documentation and processes are followed for the bidding process. Assists the designers and Owners to meet their responsibilities.
- Ensures the necessary equipment and project materials are at the job site when needed.
- Drafts, reviews, issues, and administers subcontractor and supplier agreements and delegate as necessary.
- Provides accurate monthly job cost projections. Creates initial reports and updates with the most accurate information and input from staff.
- Makes every effort to ensure the profitability of assigned projects.
- Maintains good professional relations with Graham Construction team, which includes disseminating information, consultations to address job related issues, and enhance reporting relationship to ensure the profitability of the organization.
- Leads “Closeout Excellence”. Assists in ensuring final punch list items are completed and all necessary documentation has been provided.
- Works with Owner and Architect to conduct final inspections, oversee job clean up, and ensure timely completion of required work items.
- Follows the Graham Construction’s standard operating procedures.
- Maintains compliance with the company safety policies, state and federal laws, OSHA, building codes, non-discrimination requirements, etc.
- Ensures regular safety meetings/training, safe job site, documentation and all emergencies can be addressed.
- Ensures that Pre Construction Risk Assessments are completed and all infection control measures are in place.
- Advances learning through training and education courses to gain greater expertise to achieve job objectives more effectively and efficiently.
- Provides mentoring to internal team members.
Preconstruction / Project Leadership
- Assists the Team including the Owner, Designers, Governmental Authorities, and other Consultants through the program management process.
- Assists with the development of conceptual budgets, estimates, schedules, and proposals.
- Keeps the project development within the Owner’s budget and priorities.
- Manages Owner expectations.
- Reviews and determines constructability of design.
- Assists with the drafting, reviewing, issuing and administering Owner contracts.
- Makes every effort to achieve the profitability of assigned projects.
- Assures quality.
Owner / Customer Relationships
- Maintains good professional relations with past and existing Customers. Continues to engage them to ensure they are a customer for life.
- Assists the Director of Business Development in the procurement of work.
- Communicates with the Owner regarding the team’s performance during projects and post occupancy. “How can we improve our performance?”
- Provides all financial and project updates requested or required by the Owner throughout the project.
- Updates the Owner with all project issues. Keeps the Owner informed.
- Informs Graham Construction Company of potential project opportunities.
- Manages communication process with Owners, architects, subcontractors, superintendents, and Graham management and staff throughout the process.
- Follows up on new project opportunities with Owners, Designers, and others.
- Represents Graham Construction in a public setting.
- Leads all team members, internally and externally, to clearly state all goals and expectations – establishes dates and timelines for work or tasks to be completed.
- Promotes Graham Construction internally and externally.
Strategic Plan Leadership
- Maintains favorable public relations and promotion of Graham Construction Company.
- Actively participates in the Graham Construction Company strategic plan.
- Attends Ground Breaking and Ribbon Cutting ceremonies and major company events for their projects.
- Attends Industry Association events such as IHA, ISHE, MBI, and AIA.
- Promotes a culture of safety at all levels of the organization.
- Ensures compliance with the company policies, state and federal laws, OSHA, building codes, non-discrimination requirements, etc.
- Ensures that Pre Construction Risk Assessments are completed and all infection control measures are in place and maintained.
- Manages daily team issues.
- Leads project teams and delegates roles and responsibilities.
- Mentors project team members.
- Maintains strong professional relationships with Graham Construction team by disseminating information, engaging in consultations to address job related issues, and enhancing reporting relationship to ensure the profitability of the organization.
- Advances learning through training and education courses to gain greater expertise to achieve job objectives more effectively and efficiently
- Provides mentoring to internal team members
- Ability to effectively manage the personnel and resources related to project staff. Effectively delegates roles and responsibilities and provides opportunities for growth in others
- Skill in assisting issues and making decisions and communicating/implementing the decisions quickly
- Knowledge of construction means, methods and engineering techniques as it relates to the products and services the Company provides
- Ability to comply with all work related deadlines
- Ability to understand and implement standard operating procedures
- Ability to manage multiple project teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with management staff, company project staff, vendors, contractors, and project Owners on any issues/problems related to the project
- Ability to manage job costs effectively and oversee the job cost projection process and various projects
- Ability to perform the roles and duties of all staff direct reports
- Ability to see the big picture on assigned projects and how it affects Graham Construction
- Skill in having the vision to see the project through completion, through the eyes of the Owner
- Skill in listening, problem solving, and running effective meetings with the ability to be open-minded
- Ability to resolve major issues without laying blame
- Ability to develop win-win scenarios and bring final resolution to issues and problems
- Knowledge of product costs, labor costs, and associated time frames essential to developing cost effective project budgets
- Ability to use written and verbal communication effectively
- Ability to learn and acquire customer specific design needs
- Ability to see other's perspective with regards to their concerns
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activities
- Ability to assist in other work related areas as necessary
- Knowledge of program management, master plan, schematic design, design development, and construction document scopes of work and processes
- Owner's mindset
- Be a leader
- Demonstrates a can do attitude
- Open mind - think "outside the box"
- Respect for others
- Positive Attitude
- Ambassador for the company
- Team player
- Desire to go "above and beyond" what is expected
- Professional appearance
- Caring Attitude
- Strong desire to succeed
- Takes ownership and responsibility
- Delegates effectively
- Fosters teamwork
- Serves as an example to others
- Long term planner
- Influences others