DCI Group is an Iowa-based construction management firm located in Des Moines, IA, that provides clients in the Midwest with the expertise to guide them through a construction project, by developing a master plan that best fits their core business model to ensure the project is a success for all involved. We are a growing company, composed of a diverse project management staff that comes with a very deep resume of projects of all sizes and complexity.
DCI Group is hiring for project Superintendent. In this role you provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Manage daily construction activities and ensure project is constructed in accordance with plans, specifications and local codes
- Ensure subcontractors are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work
- Lead weekly scheduling meeting with subcontractors, consultants and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion
- Complete all necessary project documentation including project photos, daily reports, team correspondence, RFI’s, changes in work and submittals
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and effectively communicate with all parties involved in selected assignments including project staff, subcontractors and owners
- Monitor and manage jobsite safety including weekly on-site safety compliance meetings
- Follows company safety program, laws, and OSHA operating standards
- Complete the project close-out including punch list and all building commissioning
- Technical degree in construction-related field. In lieu of this requirement, relevant experience may be considered
- 5+ years of experience managing construction projects
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Project Management software and P6 scheduling software preferred
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with project staff, subcontractors and owners to transcend a project
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction effectively from project managers
- Must physically be able to walk a job site and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Everyone here at DCI has the freedom to cultivate their inner leaders and are entrusted to do the job they’re hired to do. The outcome for clients is simple and straightforward: DCI makes decisions that put people first. To make this motto come alive we offer a comprehensive total rewards package to our employees that includes benefits such as:
- Medical Insurance (We pay 95% of the Employee premium and 50% for dependents)
- Dental Insurance (We pay the Employee level Premium!)
- Vision Insurance (We pay the Employee level Premium!)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Company Paid LTD and STD Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- PTO provided
- Company sponsored events throughout the entire year from boating and grilling to holiday parties and golfing.
- Depending on the role, a company car and credit card will be provided
- Opportunities to grow and develop through continued education classes