Construction Supply Group is a leading distributor of specialty construction materials in the US and Canada. With 87 branches, over 1,100 associates and 6 operating companies, Construction Supply Group is committed to partnering with the best.
We offer our customers something unique: a candid partnership. By going above & beyond to deliver on our promise of honesty and transparency, we maintain a personal approach to business, driven by authentic values and knowledge-based support for manufacturers, professional DIYers, contractors, and other hardworking entrepreneurial business owners.
Due to continued growth, we are actively searching for a Rebar Detailer to join our team!
- Prepare simple and routine to moderately complex placing plans of structural components using customer structural and architectural drawings and specifications.
- Incorporate elevations, sections, plans, bending details, placing lists and material lists in a clear and concise manner that can be easily read and interpreted by project customer, engineer or architect.
- Perform and record various mathematical calculations and equations using charts, graphs, hand-held calculators, and conventional and CAD system computer software programs.
- Create bar lists and orders for accessory items in accordance with the project pour sequence and schedule. Prepare run-in orders to accommodate customer requests, revisions or errors.
- Coordinate project-detailing activities with fabrication department personnel to insure on-time delivery to customer site locations in accordance with project delivery schedule and contract specifications.
- Communicate with customer regarding project details involving detailing, fabrication and delivery issues. Answer customer questions related to assigned projects and resolve any problems that may occur.
- Coordinate the preparation of project placing plans in accordance with customer schedule and/or contract requirements and forward for approval(s).
- Revise placing plans or drawings at the request project customer, contractor, engineer, architect, or department supervisor and follow up to obtain needed information or to resolve discrepancies in plan sections, dimensions, etc. Update approval drawings, investigate and incorporate customer/architect/engineer notations, and return to customer.
- On occasion travel to customer job site to resolve or assist others in resolving placing problems, obtain information, and to investigate claims involving company detailing services or fabricated products.
- Initiate and route customer change forms to document project requests, revisions, errors, or omissions, or any new orders that are not part of the original customer contract.
- Maintain project files, to include release logs, contract control codes, weights, and release numbers as well as the project submittal log containing drawing numbers, alpha codes and submittal dates. Backup and maintain computer files.
- Regular attendance is required for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One-year technical school in mechanical drawing or related area with Cad training.
- Six months to one-year experience in Cad design and drafting.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life and AD&D Insurance: Basic and Voluntary
- Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits: Accident and Critical Illness and Whole Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to those physical demands necessary to work in any office environment and may be required to lift and/or move moderate to heavy objects.