Waypoint Services for Women, Children and Families provides child care to approximately 600 children ages 0 to 12 years old. Waypoint also provides shelter and support to women and children in crisis because of homelessness, domestic violence or sexual assault. For over 100 years, Waypoint has been meeting the changing needs of women and children in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and surrounding rural areas.
Waypoint offers a competitive starting wage, for positions over 30 hours/week benefits including: health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays; discounted child care in our onsite childcare center.
Under the direction of the Chief Development & Marketing Officer, the Receptionist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to clients, donors, employees, and community members. Serves as the initial point of contact for Waypoint Services.
15 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance with internal Waypoint/KidsPoint needs
- Cheerfully greet staff and visitors
- Ensure only KidsPoint parents/guardians, staff and specified volunteers are in the building outside normal hours
- Assist KidsPoint parents/guardians with receipts and other needs, as requested
- Provide assistance with Waypoint and KidsPoint phone systems
- Organize and maintain the lobby area
- Support visitors of Waypoint and KidsPoint by informing of their arrival to staff
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Values: Demonstrate Waypoint’s core values every day you are at work: have compassion, instill ownership, empower people, and embrace diversity.
- Dependability: Show up to work on time, every time. Keep your commitments. Take responsibility for your own actions. Understand implications of your decisions.
- Communication: Demonstrate the ability to treat others with respect and consideration when working with a variety of personalities and leadership styles. Listen and seek clarifications. Communicate internally and externally in a positive tone.
- Professionalism: Take pride in how you present yourself. Motivate yourself to bring your best every day. Develop strategies to achieve organization goals.
- Adaptability: Be able to multitask in a changing and evolving work environment to best fit the situation. Demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Waypoint policies and procedures as outline in the Waypoint Employee Handbook
- Be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the total work environment
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Waypoint
- Be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships with staff and visitors
- Must demonstrate a sensitivity to working with individuals and families of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds
- Possessing an understanding of the dynamics of homelessness, child abuse, domestic violence, substance abuse and mental illness and how these factors impact poverty and oppression is desired
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to work in MS Office and Outlook at a basic level
- One year customer service or clerical experience