The success Manatts, Inc., enjoys today in the construction industry started more than 70 years ago. Back then, it was one man, one truck, and now our team of employees numbers more than 700 strong. We have dozens of ready-mix and asphalt production facilities around the state of Iowa. Our massive fleet of dump and ready-mix trucks serves thousands of job sites every year. In addition, our concrete and asphalt paving divisions, along with our various other crews, complete hundreds of projects every season.
Manatt’s Inc. is seeking an experienced Recruiter to join our Human Resource team. This position will focus on employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting channels. This person will play a critical role in ensuring that we are hiring the best possible fit in alignment with our purpose, vision and values.
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives
- Confer with managers to identify recruiting needs; provide and receive regular updates and feedback to manager
- Develop effective recruiting plans and strategies
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements; contact recruiters using newsgroups and job sites
- Manage applicant tracking system
- Assess assigned positions to develop job descriptions and job candidate profiles
- Determine applicant qualifications by screening applicants; analyze responses, and compare qualifications to job requirements
- Develop behavioral-based interview guides embedding company’s Purpose, Vision and Values; educate and train leaders on utilization
- Manage internship and scholarship programs
- Improve organization’s attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices
- Monitor job offers and compensation practices; emphasize benefits and perks
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforce regulations with managers and conduct training
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4-5 years of human resources recruiting experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Ability to travel for recruiting meetings, college visits, career fairs, etc.
- Ability to handle confidential information
Life and AD & D Insurance
401K Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability Insurance
Paid Days Off
For a complete benefits listing or to learn more about Manatts, Inc., visit .