At Asplundh Tree Expert Co. our mission is to be the recognized world leader in providing professional, safe, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable vegetation management and other utility-related services. With this goal in mind, each person on our team is challenged to consistently exceed the expectations of the customers for whom we work and the people they serve.
Who We Are and What We Do
Since 1928, Asplundh has been a family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ 30,000 service professionals throughout the U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia. As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides and emergency storm work and logistical support.
We are currently seeking a Flagger to join our team.
- The Flagger controls movement of vehicular traffic through sites in which tree trimming is performed.
- A Flagger directs movement of traffic through the site using approved traffic signals.
- The job sites frequently change and the individual would be spending some time being transported from site to site.
- The individual would be using a stop and slow paddle and flag. It is estimated that each weigh less than a pound.
- Works in all temperatures and weather conditions
- May be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects, and dust
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works around moving vehicular traffic
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as per task assigned.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e. rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to grip and turn traffic control sign frequently.
- Must have good vision and is attentive.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with other crew members and full understand instructions and information.
This position can require but is not limited to:
- Body Twisting
- Sense of Touch
- Manual Dexterity
- Speaking Clearly
- Seeing Distant
- Climbing On/Off Truck
- Range of Motion
- Hearing-Speech Range
- Depth Perception
- Color Vision
- Climbing Ladders
- Climbing Stairs
- Climbing Poles
- Lifting 10 to 50 lbs
- Occasional lifting of over 50 lbs