Scale House Attendant – Part Time
CRH Americas Materials/Central Division
The part-time Scale House Attendant is primarily responsible for weighing trucks entering and leaving the quarry/sand pit. In addition, this position is responsible for collecting established fees for cash sales, providing information and directing customers in a professional and courteous manner. The Scale House Attendant will be responsible for computation, reconciliation, recordkeeping, and reporting duties as assigned.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate a truck scale indicator and weigh trucks accurately.
- Effectively and professionally solicit information from internal/external customers (both in person and over the phone) as well as respond to their need for information and assistance with clear and concise verbal directions.
- Responsible for coordinating with the superintendent to accurately report production and/or inventory discrepancies.
- Perform data entry tasks and generate sales tickets with speed and accuracy.
- Download and send all generated tickets, production, inventory adjustments, and cash sales to office in a timely manner.
- Generate daily and monthly transaction reports and balancing the stockpile inventory.
- Must be able to accurately make change for cash sale customers and accurately maintain the petty cash assigned to the location, reconciling it daily.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining superior housekeeping standards, keeping area free of dust and clutter as much as possible. This includes but is not limited to the scale house, the computer and printer.
- Operating a computer for data collection as well as generating sales tickets.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be able to be flexible and work varied hours including mornings, evenings, holidays and or weekends as needed.
- Use the scales according to applicable laws, rules and company policy.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all entries on scale tickets.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) boots.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and execute oral and written directions.
- Must be able to use basic business ethics, data review and reconciliation techniques.
- Be able to use basic arithmetic, a calculator and knowledge of cash handling procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights.
- Must be able to exert a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects, up to 10 lbs.. of force frequently, and up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.