Under supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Senior Marketing Specialist position is for a marketing professional who wants to support public transit in central Iowa by planning, developing and implementing marketing efforts that drive ridership and meet other strategic goals and priorities of the Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority (DART).
Essential Functions of this Position:
- Lead the development of strategic marketing goals with the primary responsibility of coordinating internal and external teams in the development and execution of results-focused traditional and emerging marketing plans and campaigns that drive ridership on DART’s services, increase public awareness and enhance public perception. Some duties may require occasional work outside of normal business hours. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Advertising: Develop, write and coordinate the placement of advertising messages that achieve the above goals.
- Marketing collateral: Develop, write and coordinate marketing collateral such as mailings, digital communication, signage and more.
- Social media: Plan, write, post and monitor social media content.
- Promotions: Identify, create and implement marketing promotions.
- Event sponsorships and partnerships: Identify and coordinate all materials and logistics for partnerships and events that promote DART’s services in the community.
- Lead the development and implementation of a digital marketing strategy for DART, including DART’s website, mobile technologies and social media. This position is responsible for driving adoption of rider technology tools, which includes coordinating with internal teams and vendors to ensure projects are on-time and objectives are met.
- Manage DART transit advertising partners to help maximize revenue generated.
- Work across all levels of the organization to identify, prioritize and implement marketing and communication programs that support strategic goals; manage budget dollars by project.
- Oversee brand management including adherence to brand standards, positioning and equity.
- Assist with other major DART projects.
Additional Functions of this Position:
- May at times serve as a spokesperson and/or media contact for DART.
- Represent the Marketing and Communications Department on inter-departmental committees concerned with the development and implementation of new or improved services, programs and policies.
- When needed, work with external marketing partners to implement marketing plans, providing clear direction on project goals and expectations as well as oversight to ensure the project’s successful completion.
- Manage assigned projects and ensure cross-functional team collaboration.
- Participate in strategic planning for long- and short-term marketing initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with key marketing contacts at other organizations and vendors.
- Collect and analyze data from marketing programs, online tools and social media. Provide monthly reports and use analytics to make recommendations for continuous improvement.