Our client in Des Moines, IA seeks an experienced Senior Payroll Specialist to coordinate, prepare, and distribute employee payrolls. In this position you will utilize the companies ADP payroll system according to company policies and procedures, as well as complying with federal, state, & local regulations
· Performs a variety of payroll and human resources-related tasks.
· Coordinate all incoming data to produce accurate, properly calculated payrolls. This includes producing and distributing timesheets and leave accrual reports, determining hours to record, processing variable pay, and calculating special deductions and adjustments.
· Maintain employee tax, direct deposit, and general deduction and leave accrual records.
· Maintain pay period documentation both on paper and on the network.
· Research various technical and tax-related issues that arise in the payroll preparation process.
· Confirm payroll, run interfaces, prepare audit reports, and obtain transmission approval.
· Transmit payroll interfaces to Third Party Administrators (TPAs) and obtain verifications of file acceptance.
· Prepare payroll accounting entries by running multiple interfaces and reports. Using the output, determine if in balance and research offages. Proceed with interface uploads and report distribution to various internal recipients. Complete and distribute various monthly payroll accounting reports to internal customers and payroll statistic reports to outside agencies.
· Issue payments for employee payroll deductions. This includes VDR requests, on-line support payments, online 401(k) contributions, and ACH requests.
· Interact with employees and outside sources on a variety of payroll, HR and benefit subjects. This may include answering questions, providing written responses and completing various reports.
· Assist Payroll Supervisor with various duties. This includes involvement with researching tax issues, processing W-2s and tax filing, researching technical data base issues, and testing of system updates.
· Relies on experience and judgment to perform the functions of the job.
· Works under general supervision.
· A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
· Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 3-5+ years of payroll-related experience
· Familiar with a variety of standard payroll concepts, practices and procedures.