We are a proven technology leader who has been developing advanced solutions for more than 40 years. In addition to a fast-paced, innovative work environment, you’ll find a wide range of advantages that set CDS Global apart from other employers. Voted a Des Moines Register 2012 Top Workplace.
What we offer:
When you accept a new job, you're looking for more than a salary. At CDS Global, employee benefits are a significant part of your compensation package. The CDS Global compensation program is designed not only to attract and retain, but also to reward high-performing employees. Surveys are conducted annually to ensure that our salaries remain competitive in the marketplace. Employees receive merit increases and may also receive a salary increase when promoted internally.
- Health Insurance
- Employee Savings Plan - 401(k)
- Life Insurance
- Wear jeans every day
- Great work/home life balance
- Regular events that bring you and your coworkers together outside the office for fun, informal events such as sporting events and comedy shows
- Free on-site fitness facility
- Free parking
- On-site cafeteria
- Discounts available through CDS Global and Hearst, our parent company
Sr. Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst develops and supports a web enabled system that has several interface contact points. System contains the customer’s database of record, and is responsible for all customer interactions and corresponding processes. Responsible for applications that support the company’s credit card business including several internal and external interfaces. In the process of building and maintaining system auto tests to help reduce system outages while also giving development staff additional tools to identify potential code issues.
- Analyzes user requests and recommends course of action to management.
- Produces appropriate research and analysis of requirements and/or effort necessary to complete development projects.
- Plans, develops and devises ways to apply systems resources to additional operations.
- Defines goals of the system and devises flow charts and/or diagrams describing logical steps of programs.
- Designs, develops and tests detailed mission critical programs and system specifications and test plans.
- Provides project management for design, development and testing of critical projects.
- Provides prompt technical intervention to mission critical programs as requested by management.
- Interacts cooperatively and professionally with all levels of employees, clients and/or vendors in team-oriented environment.
- Conducts comprehensive reviews of projects/tasks to ensure compliance with design and quality objectives.
- Provides assistance to other members of development staff.
- Provides regular communication updates to development management, employees, and/or others for all assigned projects.
- Works on call when required or requested.
- Travels off-site when required or requested.
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or four year related degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Seven plus years' experience in an IT position
- Two plus years’ experience with Cobol, Query, SQL and CL required.
- Experience with Automation QA Testing using FitNesse preferred but not required.
- Proven technical leadership and design skills.
- Proven experience in solving technical business problems.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proven experience interacting with non-technical personnel.
- Experience using technical troubleshooting skills and conducting appropriate research.
- Critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- If travel is required, has access to transportation requiring a valid driver's license, proof of safe driving record and active insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.