7:15 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, some weeknights and weekends
Primary Job Function:
To manage the service and installation operations of the company. This includes overseeing the daily dispatching and efficiencies of the service and installation technicians and department. Other duties include customer relations, reviewing all billing and warranty claims, interaction with the other managers in respect to their warranty and installation needs. Responsible for making sure that all service techs and installers are properly trained and efficient. The Service and Installation Manager is expected to handle all aspects of the service and install department and to ensure its continued profitability and growth.
- Three years related experience and/or training in customer service.
- Management experience in a service industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a Service/Installation Technician.
- Ability to set and manage timeline goals.
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Advanced customer service skills.
- High level of pride in workmanship.
Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Duties:
- Responsible for the profitability of the service department
- Responsible for making sure that all Service Technicians are properly trained.
- Supervises the Service Dispatcher(s) and parts person if applicable.
- Review all service invoices daily, this includes comparing time cards to the invoices and spot checking pricing.
- Make sure that the Service Technician detailed the invoice in a thorough manner so the customer understands the service rendered and that the problem was taken care of.
- Approve all daily time cards daily.
- Review all warranty invoices, making sure that all valid warranty issues are being addressed to the vendor, parts, misc. field materials and labor.
- Responsible for determining and setting service inventory policies and pricing.
- Help Service Technicians out in the field when appropriate
- Make sure that all service vehicles are clean, stocked, running properly etc.
- Monthly vehicle and tool inspections
- Plan for seasonal fluctuations in the business by making sure maintenance contracts are offered to all customers and meeting contract sales goals.
- Maintenance of service inventory stock
- Coordination and implementation of service marketing calendar.
- Customer service.
- Tracking and approval of Service Technician commissions.
- Quote large repair jobs and obtain approval from customers as needed.
- Set staffing (internal / external) training schedule
- Performance reviews and increases
- Assist with collections.
- Approve on call schedule.
- Other duties as assigned