Good Life RV is searching for high energy, positive, motivated service technicians to join our rapidly growing business. Applicants must be confident, up-beat, willing to work hard and have a strong desire to succeed.
Good Life RV is a family run business with three locations in central Iowa. We offer a competitive pay structure with as well as great health benefit options and a 401(k) matching program. All three Good Life RV stores have one common purpose… Offer the best RV experience possible! Good Life RV is not only our name, it’s our way of life. It’s the feeling you get when you’re miles from home, surrounded by the smell of cedar and bonfire. It’s the taste of the barbecue when tailgating outside the big game. It’s the endless opportunity of the open road. You know where your own Good Life is….we’re just here to help you find your way.
Recreation vehicle technicians examine, troubleshoot and diagnose units needing repair and maintenance. They install, repair and maintain interior and exterior components on motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheel trailers, truck campers, tent trailers and van conversions.
Duties May Include:
- Installation of accessories; performing pre-delivery inspections; reading and writing repair orders; troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on propane gas and electric appliances such as furnaces, refrigerators, water heaters, ranges and air conditioners; repairs to fiberglass, body and structural components; and the ability to install, repair, replace and maintain roofs, siding, windows, doors, vents, awnings, floor coverings, cabinets, counters, plumbing systems, electrical systems, propane gas systems, batteries and charging systems.
- Install trailer and fifth wheel hitches and perform maintenance and repairs on trailer undercarriage and suspension.
- Use testing equipment, troubleshooting techniques, manufacturers’ specifications, and Internet websites to assist in locating faults and performing repairs.
- Use manuals, catalogues and Internet websites to order repair parts and components.
- Use computerized and electronic devices for testing components.
- Communicate with supervisors, manufacturers and consumers to ensure timely, efficient and economical repairs.
- Basic shop skills and/or service background
- High School Diploma
To be successful in the trade, recreation vehicle service technicians need:
- Good manual dexterity and balance while working off the ground
- The ability to periodically lift in excess of 50 pounds
- Mechanical, electrical and electronics aptitude; troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Good communication, organizational and learning skills
- The desire to upgrade and learn new skills as technology advances
- The ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Pride in workmanship and the desire to attain a superior level of expertise
- Desire to be challenged with a variety of tasks that are rarely repetitious in nature.
Our Mission: To achieve and maintain such distinction in the Recreational Vehicle industry that the dealership gains a first class reputation for customer service and loyalty which draws new and repeat customers year after year.
In the news: