Under general direction, produces, analyzes and maintains quality software products and/or statistical programming support in timely manner to meet customer requirements. Analyzes and writes detailed programs and subsystem specifications. Codes, tests, debugs, implements and documents new and modified programs and subsystems
- Analyzes user-programming and analysis requests.
- Creates and maintains detailed program and subsystem specifications and test plans.
- Produces appropriate research and analysis necessary to complete assigned tasks in accordance with established departmental procedures.
- Designs, develops and tests medium to complex programs.
- Provides assistance to other members of the department/staff.
- Conducts comprehensive and accurate system tests on programs written by others.
- Interacts cooperatively with all levels of employees, clients and vendors in a team-oriented environment.
- Using various resources, continually learns, studies and applies new information in fast paced, dynamic technical environment.
- Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures and standards.
- Studies independently to advance knowledge and competency in all and/or some of the following: CDS Global application systems and/or CDS Global statistical application systems; programming techniques; programming efficiencies; debugging methods; testing procedures; analytical abilities, and time and project management skills.
- Works on call when required or requested.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or four years related degree or equivalent job related experience.
- Two or more years of progressively complex programming experience.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- If required to travel, has access to transportation requiring valid driver’s license, proof of safe driving record and active insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
We are a proven technology leader who has been developing advanced solutions for more than 40 years. In addition to a fast-paced, innovative work environment, you’ll find a wide range of advantages that set CDS Global apart from other employers. Voted a Des Moines Register 2012 Top Workplace.
What we offer:
When you accept a new job, you're looking for more than a salary. At CDS Global, employee benefits are a significant part of your compensation package. The CDS Global compensation program is designed not only to attract and retain, but also to reward high-performing employees. Surveys are conducted annually to ensure that our salaries remain competitive in the marketplace. Employees receive merit increases and may also receive a salary increase when promoted internally.
- Health Insurance
- Employee Savings Plan - 401(k)
- Life Insurance
- Wear jeans every day
- Great work/home life balance
- Regular events that bring you and your coworkers together outside the office for fun, informal events such as sporting events and comedy shows
- Free on-site fitness facility
- Free parking
- On-site cafeteria
- Discounts available through CDS Global and Hearst, our parent company