At Murphy Tower Service our mission is to be the leading provider of wireless construction and maintenance services in Iowa, while our certified climbers and other skilled employees provide quality, unbeatable service. We are family owned and operated. By putting our name on our business, our personal and professional reputations are on the line. We manage our employees and our projects with diligence and respect.
The Tower Crew Leader is responsible for building each tower job as defined by the client’s scope of work and construction drawings. This encompasses, but is not limited to, loading and unloading all job materials, maintaining all tools, trucks and equipment issued to the tower crew, possessing and understanding the scope of work and construction drawings, constructing the project per specifications in a timely manner and providing close out documentation (turnover package) at the completion of the project.
- Review the scope of work and construction drawings.
- Assist in ordering materials and determining crew size.
- Verify that all materials for the project are taken to the job site.
- Check all of the tools, equipment and stocked supplies on your trailer are available.
- Check the oil & fluids of each truck & piece of equipment in your charge before use.
- Inspect all PFAS (personal fall arrest systems) prior to climbing.
- Provide a daily tailgate meeting for crew to address daily tasks and safety issues.
- Build the job following the scope of work/construction drawings.
- Report any deviations from the scope of work/construction drawings to the project manager at Murphy Construction and the client, if necessary.
- Redline all changes on the construction drawings.
- Pick up trash on site daily.
- Take pictures of final work and provide all turnover documentation to Murphy Tower receptionist.
- Clean out truck(s) & trailer(s) after each job and put materials and equipment away.
- Begin preparations for next job.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in Murphy Tower RF crew or verifiable equivalent.
Dress Code (minimum)
- Long pants w/o major holes, presentable shirt w/4” minimum sleeve, work boots, hardhat & gloves.
- Supervise a 2-3 man tower crew.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Short and Long term disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven paid holidays
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Potential Performance Bonuses