Edwards Contracting, now a Division of Reding's Gravel & Excavating Co. is a Heavy Highway Contractor providing subdrain (highway drainage) for state and local agencies. Edwards Contracting has been in the Heavy Highway Construction industry for 30 plus years. In January of 2016 Edwards Contracting became a Division of Reding's Gravel & Excavating Co. located in Algona, Iowa. Reding's Gravel & Excavating has been serving Algona and the surrounding area since 1948 as a General Excavating and Underground Utility Contractor. RGE further diversified by adding Farm Drainage in the mid 1990's and Custom Crushing in early 2000's. The mission of Edwards Contracting - A Division of Reding's Gravel & Excavating Co. is to supply our employees with a safe and secure work environment and equip them with the tools to enable them to meet their individual objectives; to provide our customers with the highest quality products and services through a complete understanding of their needs and a total commitment to their success; to give back to the communities that support us by operating a safe and environmentally sound business.
- At least 18 years old
- Able to work well in a team atmosphere
- Able to work long hours
- Valid Drivers License
- Class A CDL required for all Truck Drivers
- Able to pass pre-employment drug test
- Must pass motor vehicle check
- CLASS A CDL REQUIRED.
- Driving a dump truck and or flow boy tractor/trailer hauling rock from quarries and/or haul and dump dirt from highway construction projects.
- Drivers must have the ability to safely and properly load, dump and operator all aspects of the truck.
- Maybe required to assist with other work (labor) when not driving truck.
- Drives are responsible for maintaining all log books.
- Drivers are subject to DOT and FMCA drug testing rules and regulations.
- Must be able to travel with a highway construction crew to various project locations through out the state.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Position requires travel, home most weekends. Some Saturday work maybe required.
- Pay rate is based on experience. Many projects are predetermined federal wage rates.
- Position is based out of Hampton, Iowa. Applicants are not required to live in the Hampton area or to relocate.
- Mechanical experience is preferred, but not required.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance Option
- Short Term/ Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Safe Harbor Match & Profit Sharing
- Vision Insurance Option