We are currently taking applications for a full-time Wait Staff position in our Dining & Nutrition Services Department.
Hours for this position will typically be Monday through Friday.
The wait staff employee for the Bistro & Lounge is responsible for the overall operation, coordination, appearance and maintenance of the Bistro & Lounge dining area and kitchenette along while ensuring that courteous and efficient services are delivered in accordance with the customer service standards and expectations. Primarily serving guests in The Bistro & Lounge for independent residents, guests, and fellow employees.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Clean and arrange tables and chairs to ensure a sanitary and nice appearance in the dining and lounge area.
2. Takes orders, provides service of requested items both graciously and courteously.
3. Prepares food and beverages which may include but not limited to coffee drinks, ice cream, salads, sandwiches, and soup. Rotates stock and maintains all food and beverage areas in the Bistro & Lounge.
4. Ability to service in accordance with our liquor license. Able to pour wine, serve beer, and mix cocktails.
5. Answers questions about menu items and daily specials.
6. Sanitizes tables, chairs in the Lounge space and clears trash and dishes as necessary.
7. Maintains high standards of sanitation within the kitchenette at all times.
8. Assists in maintaining a high level of customer service for residents, guests and other employees.
9. Abides by all established community policies, procedures, and rules.
10. Maintains established standards of personal hygiene, cleanliness and complies with department and community dress code.
11. Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with safe work practices, including but not limited to, SDS information, infection control, universal precautions, and the Disaster Plan Manual.
12. Reliable and consistent attendance, in compliance with our policies, is required.
13. Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
While resumes are appreciated, in order to be considered for current open positions, you must complete an application.